Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Loreto Mexico

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostWed Dec 13, 17 12:44 pm    Loreto Mexico Reply with quote

Anyone ever been to Loreto Mexico before? What is the weather like in March?

Cooler waters I'm assuming and I've got no idea about the winds?

Not ruling out heading over to San Carlos for a bit by rental car. . . San Carlos firing in March?

Any info would be great; thanks.

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1470 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostWed Dec 13, 17 1:21 pm     Reply with quote

Sonora San Carlos?

http://nwkite.com/forums/t-42396.html&highlight=san+carlos

Last edited by ldhr on Thu Dec 14, 17 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Slappysan

Since 13 Jun 2012
308 Posts

Obsessed

PostWed Dec 13, 17 4:00 pm     Reply with quote

I'm thinking he means Puerto San Carlos instead of Punta San Carlos. Puerto San Carlos is only a 3 hour drive by car, Punta San Carlos is about 11 hours.

From Puerto San Carlos you would need to take a ferry to get to the surf and I have no idea if it's any good.

lewmt

Since 04 Aug 2010
182 Posts
MT
Stoked

PostThu Dec 14, 17 8:16 pm     Reply with quote

Loreto is great snorkeling. Good fishing & I'd assume some kiting when el Norte is on. I've been to Puerto San Carlos kiting quite a bit. In March its still whale season and is more expensive and pangas can be tough to come by without a reservation. You can kite the bay but I've spent my time mostly on the coast. Its a beautiful sandy beach & very steady wind - & very lonely. I've never seen another kite there. The beach break is good but not peeling epic rights. If you're serious about Puerto San Carlos I can put you in contact with the best panga guy & a great place to stay. Its about a 1/2 mile hike across the island to get to the waves from where the panga drops you off. Feel free to pm me if you want more info.

moondog

Since 15 Aug 2007
697 Posts
white salmon
Addicted

CGKA Member

PostFri Dec 15, 17 7:01 am     Reply with quote

Loreto doesn't has much wind as LV. Foiling will give much more time on the water. A buddy said it was shallow for a good distance so you have to be aware of stingrays. It is the most beautiful setting in Baja. Massive mountains to the west!

kss

Since 24 Apr 2006
613 Posts
pdx
Addicted

PostTue Dec 19, 17 9:46 am     Reply with quote

beautiful place. yep not much wind and watch out for rays! was there for spring break a few years back and got a couple days in on the skim with north wind. now would definitely take the foil. circa. march 2012.

loreto1.jpg 
   loreto2.jpg 

Freeride Kiter

Since 08 Jul 2011
698 Posts
Alaska / PNW / Baja
Instructor

PostSun Mar 11, 18 8:21 pm     Reply with quote

Not much wind compared to LV is correct. However for the past few years on my way down to LV in November and back up in March I've kited and foiled with plenty of wind.

www.freeridekiting.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: