Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Warning - Floating river flood debris HR =>=>Stevenso

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
cgka

Since 18 Jul 2006
278 Posts

Obsessed

PostMon Oct 23, 17 8:03 pm    Warning - Floating river flood debris HR =>=>Stevenso Reply with quote

Just a note of warning that there is A LOT of floating flood debris that is now making its way from Hood River downstream past Viento and moving on to Stevenson/Cascade Locks.

We saw a lot of 30-40+' logs and island-like debris flushing out of the Hood River, resulting in the Event Site to White Salmon Bridge area looking like a forest had exploded on the river.

The Sandbar is a driftwood pile mess and the Waterfront park beach is literally buried in wood debris.

happycamper

Since 11 Jul 2012
72 Posts
white salmon

PostWed Oct 25, 17 8:42 am    debris Reply with quote

So would Rufus be clear because of the dam?

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostWed Oct 25, 17 9:06 am    Re: debris Reply with quote

happycamper wrote:
So would Rufus be clear because of the dam?

I think Rufus would be clear for many reasons. Yes, the dam helps a lot, but I do not recall any body of water that drains into Columbia between Rufus and the dam up river. The John Day River mouth drains into the Columbia upstream of the John Day Dam.

Another factor to consider is there are not as many trees in that area for floods to wash away and float into the river system.

Mt. Hood was a catchers mitt for the water laden storm clouds last week and all of her water systems took a hit last week.

I wonder if the sand bar grew any from its last deposit of goods from the Hood River?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: