Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Stolen Kites - PDX Hollywood
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
voy-tech

Since 08 Apr 2014
372 Posts
Seattle
Obsessed

CGKA Member

PostWed Sep 13, 17 11:54 am    Re: Insurance Reply with quote

wannabekiter wrote:
My friend is my agent and says the same thing. Save the insurance for the BIG claims.
Which I think is a bunch of bull shit. They will cancel you and it is very hard get insurance again.

Woo-hoo corporate America at it's best - screwing the people below Evil or Very Mad

But who needs those evil regulations Cool

SalmonSlayer

Since 27 Nov 2005
648 Posts

Addicted

CGKA Member

PostMon Sep 18, 17 9:47 am     Reply with quote

Disclaimer: I am an insurance agent. I am not soliciting your business.

Insurance companies are not all the same. Just like customers. There are also different policy options. Some of these options protect against rates rising due to a claim. When you are dealing with an 1-800 (no agent) insurance company, the advice you will get is limited, so you may not be getting the best coverage based on your needs and appetite for risk. Even with my company, if you call our 800# to set up insurance the advice they can give is limited to zero advice. They are not licensed to sell insurance. They can only present the coverage description and let you choose what you want. They cant explain to you why you may want to increase or decrease your coverage based on your current and future needs. I usually need to adjust these 800# policies after they hit my desk and I have a discussion with the customer.

With insurance you do get what you pay for in general, but I find that many customers do not know what they are paying for. Their hard earned insurance $$ are not being spent effectively. Try calling a knowledgeable insurance agent and going over your coverage. As in any business, not all agents have your best interest in mind. They should be concerned that you are spending too much and spending too little. They should present all sides of what various coverages do and let you decide what is best for you and your family. If you don't think you are being presented the whole picture then move on.

Lastly, if you have dependents, PLEASE look into life insurance. Do not leave your spouse in a situation where she/he is struggling to raise a family alone. Too many times I have seen a request to donate money to a family because there is no life insurance or savings. This is just not the poor. It is also people with disposable income that would rather spend $$ on daily lattes and just kick the can down the road when it comes to securing their family's future.

small.jpg 

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostMon Sep 18, 17 3:07 pm     Reply with quote

SalmonSlayer wrote:
Disclaimer: I am an insurance agent. I am not soliciting your business.

Insurance companies are not all the same. Just like customers. There are also different policy options. Some of these options protect against rates rising due to a claim. When you are dealing with an 1-800 (no agent) insurance company, the advice you will get is limited, so you may not be getting the best coverage based on your needs and appetite for risk. Even with my company, if you call our 800# to set up insurance the advice they can give is limited to zero advice. They are not licensed to sell insurance. They can only present the coverage description and let you choose what you want. They cant explain to you why you may want to increase or decrease your coverage based on your current and future needs. I usually need to adjust these 800# policies after they hit my desk and I have a discussion with the customer.

With insurance you do get what you pay for in general, but I find that many customers do not know what they are paying for. Their hard earned insurance $$ are not being spent effectively. Try calling a knowledgeable insurance agent and going over your coverage. As in any business, not all agents have your best interest in mind. They should be concerned that you are spending too much and spending too little. They should present all sides of what various coverages do and let you decide what is best for you and your family. If you don't think you are being presented the whole picture then move on.

Lastly, if you have dependents, PLEASE look into life insurance. Do not leave your spouse in a situation where she/he is struggling to raise a family alone. Too many times I have seen a request to donate money to a family because there is no life insurance or savings. This is just not the poor. It is also people with disposable income that would rather spend $$ on daily lattes and just kick the can down the road when it comes to securing their family's future.

Thumb's Up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: