Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Rooster Closure
Page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Author Message
5walnut10

Since 01 Aug 2014
43 Posts

 



PostTue Sep 12, 17 8:16 am    Rooster Closure Reply with quote

Just talked with the state parks office about rooster. They said the plan is to keep it closed for at least 2 more months despite any changes that may occur related to the I-84 closure.

I hope this is misinformation but they seemed very sure about it.

View user's profile Send private message
voy-tech

Since 08 Apr 2014
274 Posts
SE Portland
Obsessed

CGKA Member


PostTue Sep 12, 17 8:17 am    Re: Rooster Closure Reply with quote

5walnut10 wrote:
Just talked with the state parks office about rooster. They said the plan is to keep it closed for at least 2 more months despite any changes that may occur related to the I-84 closure.

I hope this is misinformation but they seemed very sure about it.


Ehh... sounds like it will be slow end of the season without access to the fall easterlies Sad

_________________
My pictures of the beautiful PNW
http://behindtheviewfinder.com

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
1544 Posts
P-town
STACKED



PostTue Sep 12, 17 8:24 am     Reply with quote

This is where your friend with a boat comes in. How much to rent out NAK and his boat for the day; he only needs one arm to steer the boat anyways. Wink

The RR website just said that it was closed due to an emergency/Eagle Creek Fire and the closure of I-84.

Those with mtn bikes will get a few more rides in the fall I suspect.

_________________
GO DUCKS!!!

View user's profile Send private message
Nak

Since 19 May 2005
3514 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member


PostTue Sep 12, 17 1:07 pm     Reply with quote

Sasquatch wrote:
How much to rent out NAK and his boat for the day; he only needs one arm to steer the boat anyways. Wink
I wish! Very Happy I've found it's extremely difficult to drive a boat with one arm... Cruising is fine, but no throttle control during slow speed maneuvers makes things just a bit too much fun. Hell, I'd shuttle people just for something to do. Sitting on my ass for months at a time is not my thing... Mad The Doc doesn't want me kiteboarding till February, but my Baja trip is in January, so we're going to have too work the math on that one a bit. Laughing

I'll tell you what though, it's experience like this that gives you massive respect for disabled people that continue to get out and enjoy life. I know I'll be back to 100% in six months to a year. I can't imagine facing a lifetime with the loss of a limb. Kudos to those that have the courage to soldier on.

BTW as a side note: Include Rotator Cuff exercises in your work out. Seriously.

_________________
Stay away from the jumping seals!

The CGKA is your advocate for Kiteboarding in the Gorge!

http://www.gorgekiter.com/join

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
undertow

Since 15 Feb 2008
339 Posts
BeaversBurg
Obsessed



PostThu Sep 14, 17 9:59 am     Reply with quote

Really, This doesn't sound right, anyone get a second opinion?

View user's profile Send private message
WindSki

Since 14 Dec 2012
268 Posts
Portland
Obsessed



PostThu Sep 14, 17 10:05 am     Reply with quote

My friend and I have a Jetski.
It's time to make money!
Rides start at $15 round trip from the boat launch to the kite launch site
Its $5 if you're going to Wakeboard behind the ski

View user's profile Send private message
Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
1544 Posts
P-town
STACKED



PostThu Sep 14, 17 10:24 am     Reply with quote

WindSki wrote:
My friend and I have a Jetski.
It's time to make money!
Rides start at $15 round trip from the boat launch to the kite launch site
Its $5 if you're going to Wakeboard behind the ski


Ummm, the boat launch at RR is closed too. Better up your prices as you probably will have to launch your jetski from Chinook Landing boat launch or Camas. That said, you'll probably have the place to yourself.

I bet the Sauvies Island nude beach has seen a bit of an up-tick with visitors as the VC have no place to hang out together.

_________________
GO DUCKS!!!

View user's profile Send private message
WindSki

Since 14 Dec 2012
268 Posts
Portland
Obsessed



PostThu Sep 14, 17 10:26 am     Reply with quote

Launching from Dalton point
Down winder for only $15 !
Smile

View user's profile Send private message
voy-tech

Since 08 Apr 2014
274 Posts
SE Portland
Obsessed

CGKA Member


PostThu Sep 14, 17 10:45 am     Reply with quote

And how do you plan to launch from Dalton with I-84 closed?
_________________
My pictures of the beautiful PNW
http://behindtheviewfinder.com

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Moto

Since 03 Sep 2006
2685 Posts
Still a gojo pimp!
Moto Mouth



PostThu Sep 14, 17 11:58 am     Reply with quote

Heal up Nak - I'll be back up there next season - want to see you back out on the water.

Nak wrote:
Sasquatch wrote:
How much to rent out NAK and his boat for the day; he only needs one arm to steer the boat anyways. Wink
I wish! Very Happy I've found it's extremely difficult to drive a boat with one arm... Cruising is fine, but no throttle control during slow speed maneuvers makes things just a bit too much fun. Hell, I'd shuttle people just for something to do. Sitting on my ass for months at a time is not my thing... Mad The Doc doesn't want me kiteboarding till February, but my Baja trip is in January, so we're going to have too work the math on that one a bit. Laughing

I'll tell you what though, it's experience like this that gives you massive respect for disabled people that continue to get out and enjoy life. I know I'll be back to 100% in six months to a year. I can't imagine facing a lifetime with the loss of a limb. Kudos to those that have the courage to soldier on.

BTW as a side note: Include Rotator Cuff exercises in your work out. Seriously.

_________________
Still rockin gojos, *ssless chaps, and ankle weights!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Campbell

Since 07 Sep 2008
379 Posts
Camas, WA
Obsessed



PostThu Sep 14, 17 5:01 pm     Reply with quote

I've got a launch on the Washington side if anybody wants to join the next time it blows east. Let me know.

View user's profile Send private message
undertow

Since 15 Feb 2008
339 Posts
BeaversBurg
Obsessed



PostFri Sep 15, 17 7:41 am     Reply with quote

Oh yeah, where at?

View user's profile Send private message
pauls

Since 20 Jun 2005
517 Posts
Portland
Addicted



PostFri Sep 15, 17 10:13 am     Reply with quote

In solid easterly you can launch at St Cloud

View user's profile Send private message
Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
1544 Posts
P-town
STACKED



PostFri Sep 15, 17 10:53 am     Reply with quote

Campbell wrote:
I've got a launch on the Washington side if anybody wants to join the next time it blows east. Let me know.


I suspect Cottonwood cove.

I've passed on it in the past and I think I'll keep on passing.

I believe a SE east wind is best.

http://www.nwkite.com/forums/t-15665.html&highlight=cottonwood

_________________
GO DUCKS!!!

View user's profile Send private message
stringy

Since 23 Jun 2006
1553 Posts
vancouver
XTreme Poster



PostFri Sep 15, 17 1:07 pm     Reply with quote

with 84 westbound open now you could possibly take hwy 14 out to cascade locks assuming the bridge and freeway on/off ramps are open and then hit rooster and get back on 84 westbound back to pdx. not sure if the park is open though. I would assume it's not due to road closures.
_________________
www.jimstringfellow.com

View user's profile Send private message
ivog2001

Since 29 Jul 2011
12 Posts
PNW
 



PostSun Sep 24, 17 10:06 am     Reply with quote

Is Rooster open now. Their website has removed the "now closed" posting. Yet, on the cam I don't see any people there.....

View user's profile Send private message
ezryder111

Since 24 Dec 2012
86 Posts
SE Portland
 



PostSun Sep 24, 17 10:47 am     Reply with quote

Saw a couple random people on the beach (which could have been from boats) and right in front of the cam by the bathrooms so I'd say that's a good sign they are open!

View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum