Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

event site camp host

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
lldkr

Since 01 Jun 2012
47 Posts

PostThu Jun 01, 17 4:18 pm    event site camp host Reply with quote

Is there a 'host' at the event site right now? I know in years past there has been someone there full time in an RV to look after the place, and I heard s/he may pick up left behind gear some time (otherwise the port). You know, in case a friend of a friend, definitely not me, was absent minded and maybe left a water bottle or a kite board at the ES lawn. definitely not me though

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostFri Jun 02, 17 5:39 am     Reply with quote

Have you checked over at the port Office near the bridge? A few years ago, when a friend of a friend of a friend spaced out on his Mystic Warrior waist harness.... they had it. As I recall, this friend found a huge list of errant gear there.

Freeride Kiter

Since 08 Jul 2011
698 Posts
Alaska / PNW / Baja
Instructor

PostFri Jun 02, 17 7:42 am     Reply with quote

It's my understanding there is no host this year. I was briefly approached about hosting this year - however I was unable really consider it.

I do not know if they found someone else yet.

JakSavage would know.

www.freeridekiting.com

cgka

Since 18 Jul 2006
278 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Jun 08, 17 12:05 pm     Reply with quote

John and Carol Chao are unable to host this year due to some health recovery needs that will keep them temporarily at home for the summer. From what we understand, they are already planning on being back next summer.

For now the Port is seeking a qualified host to take their place for the summer season.
As for how many applicants the have had, or if there are any on the current consideration list, I do not know.

Any suggestions should be sent directly to the Port of Hood River.

Kite, Windsurf and SUP knowledge are a key necessity.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: