Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Wednesday: is manzo firing today?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
chrissmack

Since 08 Jun 2005
515 Posts
portland
Addicted

PostWed Jul 27, 16 12:21 pm    Wednesday: is manzo firing today? Reply with quote

Any onsite? Thanks....

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostWed Jul 27, 16 1:09 pm     Reply with quote

It will.

jeremy

Since 18 Aug 2006
273 Posts
Manzo & HR
Obsessed

PostWed Jul 27, 16 8:49 pm    crappy wind today Reply with quote

Sun/Mon/Tues were excellent, but Wed it misfired.

It was gusty and holey.

Matt V

Since 26 Oct 2014
462 Posts
Summer- OR Coast, Winter - My van near good snow
Explosive Diarrhea

PostThu Jul 28, 16 8:55 am     Reply with quote

Wednesday for my 1.5hr session was the worst wind I have ever experienced. I was on a 5.5 and had too much, then not enough to keep the kite in the air. Usually Manzo is like this upwind and downwind, but somewhere you can find an "in between" spot that has acceptable wind. Not the case on Wednesday. Everywhere was like that though I did luck out and hit some 5 minute stable zones. But even those quickly eroded to junk.

Honestly, I was so scared that I took my leash off as I wanted nothing to do with the kite on a double front line flagging system, should I have to eject. I thought swimming with the sharks smelling the dead sea lion on the beach would be less risky than being leashed to a kite in that wind.

Ft. Stevens should cure me of the wind induced shakes today........hopefully it is not just this whole system that has wind like yesterday.

jeremy

Since 18 Aug 2006
273 Posts
Manzo & HR
Obsessed

PostThu Jul 28, 16 9:22 am     Reply with quote

Hey Matt, the city buried that dead elephant seal two days ago, it was getting pretty fragrant !!

I'll see you back in a few days when the direction switches back to NW ! Looks like NOAA has two more days of N wind in the forecast.

Yesterday around 5:30 at the state park, the fog pushed in and brought excellent 6m wind (two windsurfers were ripping it). I got a bit of that action before the fog moved back out and took the wind with it.

Later.

Matt V

Since 26 Oct 2014
462 Posts
Summer- OR Coast, Winter - My van near good snow
Explosive Diarrhea

PostThu Jul 28, 16 9:36 am     Reply with quote

Yep! I was too early to get two hours of good wind at manzo.

Ft. Stevens just looks too good to pass up. It is showing some NW instead of N for the next few days. And even if it does not blow on Saturday enough, I would rather be at Ft. Stevens for the big waves that are forecast to come in.

Manzo just sucks when it shreds the 8ft swell into one turn jacked up jumbalaya.

Ft. Stevens gives 100yd rides on steep walled swell and breaks slowly enough to almost link your 20th turn on that wave to the next set of 20 turns on the wave behind it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: