Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

T Mobile for Gorge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
WindSki

Since 14 Dec 2012
402 Posts
Portland
Obsessed

PostFri Apr 29, 16 11:43 am    T Mobile for Gorge Reply with quote

Anyone have experience with T Mobile for these locations? I'm looking at moving from Verizon and need internet access, my board meetings at these locations. I need to look like I'm working when I'm really playing !!!

Mt Hood Meadows
Rufus
Event Site
Stevenson
Rooster Rock

Oregon coast:
Manzanita
Fort Stevens

TommyK

Since 18 May 2015
47 Posts

PostFri Apr 29, 16 12:57 pm     Reply with quote

T Mobile is a 5/10 and that's a recent upgrade !

I have to walk outside my condo in downtown HR to send a txt
sometimes !

Not sure about out east but at Meadows it's fine.

sadly you get what you pay for with the distant number 3 mobile player

Dern

Since 11 Jul 2010
544 Posts
Vancouver, WA
Addicted

PostFri Apr 29, 16 1:20 pm     Reply with quote

Windski-

This thread may be of use: http://nwkite.com/forums/t-35432.html&highlight=cell+coverage

As a followup to that post, I ended up going with AT&T on their GoPhone no-contract/prepay plan with a phone that can do both GSM and CDMA networks (Motorola X Pure). It's been great, LTE coverage when on Sprint I had weak 3g, and strong 3g coverage when on sprint I had almost nothing. The only downside I have found is that my coverage @ Mt. Hood Meadows is much worse - Sprint relatively good coverage throughout the slopes at Meadows; with AT&T you have to be up on cascade or in the lodge or parking lot (and in the lodge it is still meh). But AT&T has better coverage on the drive to the mountain.

WindSki

Since 14 Dec 2012
402 Posts
Portland
Obsessed

PostFri Apr 29, 16 6:01 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks, solves that question. I'll stay with Verizon or AT&T

teabagger

Since 15 Jun 2012
68 Posts

CGKA Member

PostMon May 02, 16 4:51 pm     Reply with quote

I've tried the 3 main networks over the past few years here in the Gorge and I would recommend sticking with At&t or Verizon. I currently use the At&t prepaid plan (GoPhone) which is 2 gigs high speed with rollover data for $40 a month (everything included), unlimited slowed data. You can order a sim online and use pretty much any phone. I have also used a Verizon prepaid hotspot which has phenomenal range (the same as Verizon post paid), and they now have a super cheap prepaid similar to At&t: $45 a month for 3 gigs of data on autopay. I might switch to that to get more service on the mountain eventually, but for most areas At&t prepaid has been fine for me here for the past 2 years.

Occupied Columbia

Since 12 Nov 2011
376 Posts
Columbia City
Obsessed

PostMon May 02, 16 8:27 pm     Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of Verizon's billing department. They promised me a discount. Then a month later when I looked at the bill they hadn't changed a thing and when I called they said "the person I talked to shouldn't have given me the discount"... so I never got the discount.
But for coverage I keep paying. I've conducted business on Adams and St. Helens.
That's a good day of working!

lubomm

Since 15 Aug 2007
247 Posts
Hood
Stoked

PostTue May 03, 16 11:10 am     Reply with quote

Same, used to have Tmobile for many years but gave up due to the bad data coverage in the gorge. Now have ATT gophone and have 4g everywhere. Same price.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: