Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Caravan to LaVantana early January

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
petermiramon

Since 18 Nov 2014
1 Posts

PostTue Nov 18, 14 11:43 am    Caravan to LaVantana early January Reply with quote

Looking for people to caravan with down to La Ventana in early January. My family is fllying down Jan 15 so I would like to be there by the 12th.

ryananderson684@gmail.com

Since 03 Dec 2014
1 Posts

PostThu Dec 04, 14 12:02 pm     Reply with quote

Hello. I'm from Lyle Washington but am traveling in California right now. I'm looking for people to caravan down to la ventana with. Have you found any people? Email me and let's talk. Ryananderson684@gmail.com.

groundclown

Since 12 May 2007
135 Posts
Hood River
Stoked

PostTue Dec 09, 14 12:22 am     Reply with quote

I was going to head to Mexico next week. Wasn't really planing on another stay in Baja but I'm open. When is the earliest you guys can leave? I want Christmas on a beach. Kite, surf, shoot fish... Play with boy

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostWed Dec 10, 14 6:07 am     Reply with quote

As mentioned in another post, If anyone wants to meet up in SD on the evening of Dec 28, I am making a dawn to dark Guerrero Negro run on the 29th, then onward to LV the following day. Involves a couple hours of night Mexico driving. I tailgate and stay in convoys after dark to avoid the biggest MX night driving risk... cattle on the roads.

windwatcher

Since 18 Aug 2005
26 Posts
B.C. Canada

PostFri Dec 12, 14 12:57 pm    new route to toll Hwy. Reply with quote

Hi, I'm getting ready to go down for an afternoon session here in La Ventana and had to comment on the crossing of the new border crossing into Mexico, which we did in the middle of October. From the new area where you're inspected (seemed like every one was stopped and searched) and get your visitors visa (they speak english in the office), you can see the on ramp over the aqueduct on the right. So stay to the right, climb the short on ramp, then continue staying to the right and you're at the toll Hwy. before you know it. Just follow the signs to Rosarito and Ensenada. I was worried about the crossing at the border and getting to the toll Hwy. but it truly is very easy. On the way down watch for the speed bumps in every little town, and those Alto (stop signs) that seem to materialize out of no where. This was our first drive down and if you have a sense of adventure you have got to drive it at least once. The scenery changes continually. Have a safe trip, it really is a kite boarders paradise.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: