Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

What do you secure a Gopro Remote with on your wrist?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
skideeppow

Since 26 Aug 2011
518 Posts

Addicted

PostFri Sep 26, 14 7:32 am    What do you secure a Gopro Remote with on your wrist? Reply with quote

I have been using a velco watch bank but have had it come off a couple times. Any other ideas?

luke

Since 06 Jul 2005
399 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Sep 26, 14 8:21 am     Reply with quote

I use a wrist band similar to a watch band, but longer. I think it was originally a wetsuit ankle strap. It fits the remote and my wrist. I also, leash the remote to my wrist using a small length of old kite line with a larks head knot (my fist as the head), just in case. So far, so good.

stringy

Since 23 Jun 2006
1724 Posts
vancouver
XTreme Poster

PostFri Sep 26, 14 10:25 am     Reply with quote

I use the naish control bar and just velcro the remote around the red release housing. I can still deploy the release with the remote in place, it's just nice to not have it show up on your wrist in the pictures/video.

skideeppow

Since 26 Aug 2011
518 Posts

Addicted

PostFri Sep 26, 14 11:00 am     Reply with quote

Thanks

dyyylan

Since 14 May 2014
26 Posts
Hood River

PostSat Sep 27, 14 8:56 am     Reply with quote

I have had some pretty harsh wipeouts SUP surfing with mine and I've never had an issue (other than the abysmal battery life). Maybe try a different velcro? I got my wrist strap off ebay for about $1

SpaceRacer

Since 04 Nov 2007
434 Posts

Obsessed

PostWed Oct 01, 14 1:54 pm     Reply with quote

Not your teeth. Lost my GoPro Hero 3 at Swell City a couple of weeks ago. No floaty because I was supposed to be shooting with a friend at Wells shallows. When he didn't make it, tried with my teeth. Was a so disappointed with how time consuming and how lousy the fish eye shots were with GoPro that it was actually a relief to lose it. If you find it you can keep it.

kieran

Since 06 Jul 2011
45 Posts

PostMon Oct 06, 14 11:35 am     Reply with quote

I use a sliding plastic buckle and 3/4" webbing. Countless sessions and it's never come undone. I also have a thin leash on the remote for backup.

This would be ideal: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Paracord-550-Contoured-Curved-Survival-Bracelet-Plastic-Buckle-1-2-5-8-3-4-1-/261132241459

Seaplus

Since 06 May 2012
17 Posts
Keller, Texas

PostTue Oct 07, 14 4:49 pm     Reply with quote

I understand you stated your wrist but just throwing out that I zip-tie mine to my bar... I bring scissors and extra zip-ties if I need to remove/replace.

Freeride Kiter

Since 08 Jul 2011
698 Posts
Alaska / PNW / Baja
Instructor

PostTue Oct 07, 14 5:25 pm     Reply with quote

I zippie on the bar also and a tag line of spectra tied to the bar just in case. A few times on snowkiting adventures the plastic became brittle and broke. I'm sure the same thing can happen with the sun exposure.

www.freeridekiting.com

toddjb

Since 16 Oct 2007
271 Posts
MD
Obsessed

PostSat Nov 08, 14 5:43 pm     Reply with quote

My original GP remote came with a velcro wrist strap, which I still use. They used to include this when they first came out with the WiFi backpack and it's pretty stupid that they still don't and until recently didn't even offer it.

A quick Google search turned out dozens of options out there. You can buy one like this on ebay. They work great, I've even doubled up with one on each wrist (one for kite cam, one or helmet cam)...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: