Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Ocean Rodeo Prodigy - All New 3 Strut Freeride Kite

previous topic :: next topic  
EvanOR

Since 30 May 2008
46 Posts

PostMon Jul 16, 12 5:52 pm    Ocean Rodeo Prodigy - All New 3 Strut Freeride Kite Reply with quote

Ocean Rodeo is excited to announce its newest kite, The Prodigy.

Available in sizes 3, 5, 7, 9.5, 12 &14m

Designed to be an all new Freeride experience the Prodigy features a compact 3 strut design, ultra stable flight characteristics, a swept shape for simple water relaunch and Adapti-V ultra short bridles which maintain positive steering even when heavily de-powered.

Check out the video below and hit up your local retailer or our online store to get your quiver sorted today! We are offering amazing prices on this new kite and 1st Ride packages complete with a board and bar and lines!

Sizes 9.5, 12 & 14 ship immediately! Sizes 3, 5 & 7m available August 1st!

Ocean Rodeo has been producing cutting edge kites for over 11 years with a solid history of innovation, attention to detail and customer support!

Link

Performance over Hype

rePete

Since 18 Dec 2007
102 Posts
Mosier, Oregon
Stoked

PostTue Jul 17, 12 6:31 am     Reply with quote

Looks great, but tell us more! How is it for surfing, high wind, low end power, comparison to Razor and Cypher, where does it sit in the window, turning speed and power through the window? I would love to try one, are they shipping to Windance soon? Any Bar changes? What length lines? Ok, I'll stop asking questions, for now. I really like my Razors so am always looking forward to something that may be even more fun!

EvanOR

Since 30 May 2008
46 Posts

PostThu Jul 19, 12 7:36 am     Reply with quote

Pete, here's a little more info (that went out to retailers yesterday). Windance doesn't have Prodigies en route yet, but I'll be talking to Dave this week. I'd touch base with him though and make sure that you are first in line. Very Happy

Kite Sizes & Styles For The 2013 Season

As many of you will have noticed, the 2013 season will not include a Rise. Once our most popular kite the Rise's key virtue was a massive wind range, a virtue we were able to mimic on the 2012 Razor with the introduction of the FST wingtips causing overlap in the lineup and leading to the Razor out shining the Rise in sales this season. Customers of yours looking for a responsive kite with a massive windrange should be pointed towards the Razor while those customers either new to the sport or who are dedicated Freeride enthusiasts and who wish to ride an ultra stable, ultra predictable kite should consider the Prodigy.

With all that in mind, here is the line up for 2013 and our expected timelines!

2013 Razor - September 2012 - Hooked in Freestyle & Surf kite. Massive windrange, grunty pull & snappy turns.
Sizes: 7, 8, 10, 12m
Our signature kite, the 2013 Razor will be a refinement of last year's incredibly successful and popular kite. Razor enthusiasts fear not, this kite will be everything you've come to expect of our most popular kite with improvements only on key areas of construction, and stability.

2013 Cypher - September 2012 - Unhooked Wake / Park & Surf kite. Old school pop & drift, tight snappy turns.
Sizes 7, 9.5, 12m
Back for its second full season the Cypher continues as our goto unhooked wake / park & surf kite. Building on last year's momentum, expect this season's Cypher to be a show stopper.

1st Gen Storm - September 2012 - Ultra High Wind Kite
Size 5m
In ultra high winds kiters care about one thing, stability and control! The all new Storm will back stop both the Cypher and the Razor as the high wind option for both line ups this season.

1st Gen Prodigy - July 2012 - Introductory / School & Seasoned Freeride Kite. Ultra stable & predictable flight.
Sizes 3, 5, 7, 9.5, 12, 14m
Super simple to fly and re-launch the Prodigy makes its debut as the perfect kite for students, new riders and those seasoned vets looking for the perfect freeride kite. Built to be ultra stable and predictable in flight, simple to relaunch and to remain easily controlled even with a ton of depower. Sizes 3 & 5 are perfect for small children or students on the beach & body dragging while the mid and larger sizes are ideal for introductory packages and Freeride enthusiasts.

2nd Gen Flite - January 2013 - Ultra Light Wind Kite.
Sizes 15, 17.5m
Building on the huge success of the Flite this past season we will launch the newest generation of the Flite later this year.

Performance over Hype

rePete

Since 18 Dec 2007
102 Posts
Mosier, Oregon
Stoked

PostThu Jul 19, 12 8:14 am     Reply with quote

So a "special" high wind kite, "The Storm"? I like the sound of it. I've been thinking of a 5 m for those days when I'm nervous out there on my 6! That's those epic swell days. Looking forward to September! Might order one today. So no 9m Razor? Looks like a 5,7,10 quiver. I love my 10 and if the 7 has good low end it should work fine. Thanks Evan, keep up the good work!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Industry Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: