Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

kiting the snake river ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
kiteboardinglife

Since 20 Jul 2009
46 Posts
portland or.

PostThu Mar 24, 11 4:55 pm    kiting the snake river ??? Reply with quote

the women and I are taking a camping trip up the snake river
has any one kiteboard the snake? and if so what time of year?

alitte bit of romance and kiteboarding

kenja

Since 19 Jun 2008
179 Posts

Stoked

PostThu Mar 24, 11 9:09 pm     Reply with quote

I've never kited there, but I did windsurf at Charbonneau Park in the Summertime when I was in High school (a long time ago). It is definitely not a romantic getaway, though.

troyc

Since 06 Mar 2008
50 Posts
Oregon City

PostFri Mar 25, 11 5:13 am    I have twice at a few miles down river from Boyer Park Reply with quote

I archery hunt on the snake river in several locations in the month of september and have only managed to kite twice in the past 6 years. It was light but consistant wind but my guess is that it comes few and far between.

krueg

Since 16 Feb 2010
51 Posts
Wenatchee Wa

CGKA Member

PostFri Mar 25, 11 5:51 am     Reply with quote

Try Sacajawea park. Its at the mouth where the snake meets the columbia. There is a point that sticks out into both rivers giving you access on a west,east or south wind. I have not kited here yet just because I have always been there alone and not knowing the currents first hand, I would rather kite here with a buddy for the first time. If you you do try this spot though, please post some pics, stories ect. If your posts cause this spot to get crouded that would mean 4 of us E. Washingtonians might show up at once.

Stetson05

Since 06 Sep 2010
26 Posts

PostFri Mar 25, 11 9:49 pm     Reply with quote

krueg wrote:
Try Sacajawea park. Its at the mouth where the snake meets the columbia. There is a point that sticks out into both rivers giving you access on a west,east or south wind. I have not kited here yet just because I have always been there alone and not knowing the currents first hand, I would rather kite here with a buddy for the first time. If you you do try this spot though, please post some pics, stories ect. If your posts cause this spot to get crouded that would mean 4 of us E. Washingtonians might show up at once.

If you decide to try it you could let a couple locals know. I live in Pasco and am always looking for close spots. I have also wondered about winddust park or lower monumental dam. Steep canyon walls and wind from the southwest might work well.

Flysurfer S2.5 19m
Flexboardz Haize

Mize

Since 28 Mar 2011
31 Posts

PostMon Mar 28, 11 12:38 pm    I was curious... Reply with quote

So where is it actually possible to kite in the Tri-Cities? If someone would like to try some spots I can have the boat ready if needed...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: