Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Should have gone east....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostSat Jun 04, 05 10:31 pm    Should have gone east.... Reply with quote

Stevenson was kind of a mess, not that bad but not that great. Had a great self rescue session when the wind died, I was over on the Oregon side at the time... doh!

All the best sessions I've had in the last couple weeks have been at spots east of HR. That's the direction I'll be headed tomorrow.

See you on the water! Thumb's Up

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostSun Jun 05, 05 5:54 am     Reply with quote

The sandbar wasn't too bad yesterday...kind of a zoo with the high water and all the lessons going on. Nice swell up by the bridge...pretty solid 12M.

My first visit since the Man bulldozed it. I miss the trees.

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostSun Jun 05, 05 6:59 am     Reply with quote

Yeah it sucks they took out the trees... I guess there is room for more people, but holy crap there are too many people down there already! Rolling Eyes

Oh well, things change I guess...

Gorge Redneck

PostSun Jun 05, 05 7:14 am    Stay in Yuppieland Reply with quote

Please stay away from less populated spots with your Lexus SUV's and Golden Retrievers. Seems like a trend in Hood River to bulldoze trees and suburbanize everything. Respect this place. Wink

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostSun Jun 05, 05 5:26 pm     Reply with quote

Ahh east was good for awhile, anyone got a Rufus report?

PostSun Jun 05, 05 5:49 pm     Reply with quote

Rufus had good swell, a bit up and down, but pretty fun on a 7m.

Eric

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostSun Jun 05, 05 10:03 pm     Reply with quote

Rufus ruled on Saturday... Pretty nice 12m most of the day... Brad and I pulled a 6 mile upwinder and kited underneath the Maryhill bridge a couple of times. Pretty cool thing to do at least once or twice...

Today was to freaking cold to get me motivated to kite. Went and rode Two Chair...

Bam

ReeferMadness

Since 21 Apr 2005
32 Posts
Seattle

PostMon Jun 06, 05 7:54 am     Reply with quote

bambam wrote:
Rufus ruled on Saturday... Pretty nice 12m most of the day... Brad and I pulled a 6 mile upwinder and kited underneath the Maryhill bridge a couple of times.
Bam

I saw you guys when I was crossing the bridge, looked like you guys were having a good time. Rufus was very nice 12m on Sat. Sunday morning was also good 12m until about 11:30 or so when Rainer and I got blown off the water and packed it up. Very sore today.

PostMon Jun 06, 05 8:37 am     Reply with quote

Ah, Confusious say... When kite under bridge, best to keep kite low....

kt

Since 16 Mar 2005
759 Posts
Portland, Or
Opinionated

PostMon Jun 06, 05 2:16 pm     Reply with quote

i launched out of the maryhill campground on ealy afternoon saturday on a 12 and was very powered until dinner time.

sunday was too gusty so i windsurfed on a 4.0 for the day.

the noaa forecasts were completely off. i am sunburned and my lips are still soaking up lots of blisteks. must have been close to 75 and sunny both days. glad i got out of portland.

kt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: