Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Fort Stevens car prowlers caught

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
alankitesurf2

Since 21 Jun 2006
81 Posts

PostSat Oct 03, 09 9:47 pm    Fort Stevens car prowlers caught Reply with quote

Maybe a little good news or dumb crooks... some friends of ours were golfing yesterday at the Astoria C.C. and returned to their car to find the windows smashed out and their purses stolen. They called the police and the police related the fact that other cars had been broken into lately over at Fort Stevens state park.The police then decided to travel over to the park(same day!) and caught the thieves in the act of breaking into cars and actually recovered the stolen purses .The crooks had been visiting the local parking lots in a predictable pattern. Stolen property amounted enough to warrant jail time ( over $700 ). Be careful with leaving valuables in the cars during downwinders but hopefully a couple less crooks are now out there!

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostSun Oct 04, 09 6:45 am     Reply with quote

Great news! I am still pissed about my thrashed door lock. The Honda dealer wanted to charge me $340 to replace it!

I ordered the cylinder from a locksmith and replaced it myself...taking up the good part of a day and $68 bucks total.

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostSun Oct 04, 09 1:08 pm     Reply with quote

Nice work.

typhoon

Since 02 Sep 2009
26 Posts
Portland

PostMon Oct 05, 09 2:20 pm     Reply with quote

With any luck they were put in a cell with someone that treated them with the same level of respect that they showed your friend's car.

andrewbond

Since 08 Nov 2011
1 Posts

PostTue Nov 08, 11 11:01 pm    Re: Fort Stevens car prowlers caught Reply with quote

alankitesurf2 wrote:
Maybe a little good news or dumb crooks... some friends of ours were golfing yesterday at the Astoria C.C. and returned to their car to find the windows smashed out and their purses stolen. They called the police and the police related the fact that other cars had been broken into lately over at Fort Stevens state park.The police then decided to travel over to the park(same day!) and caught the thieves in the act of breaking into cars and actually recovered the stolen purses .The crooks had been visiting the local parking lots in a predictable pattern. Stolen property amounted enough to warrant jail time ( over $700 ). Be careful with leaving valuables in the cars during downwinders but hopefully a couple less crooks are now out there!

good and great job!!! thieves are just making trouble out of our peaceful life!!!thanks for the reminders...

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostTue Nov 08, 11 11:43 pm     Reply with quote

Anyone care to call the police and get their names and mug shots? Would be good to know what these people look like for future humiliation.

Bettyboarder

Since 18 Mar 2005
1823 Posts
PDX/ White Salmon
Mrs. Site Lackey

PostTue Nov 08, 11 11:49 pm     Reply with quote

This was from 2009

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostWed Nov 09, 11 1:24 am     Reply with quote

Oh, sorry. I blame the jetlag from the 13.5 hour time difference.

darrencooper

Since 17 May 2018
1 Posts

PostThu May 17, 18 5:05 am     Reply with quote

Wind Slither wrote:
Great news! I am still pissed about my thrashed door lock. The Honda dealer wanted to charge me $340 to replace it!

I ordered the cylinder from a locksmith and replaced it myself...taking up the good part of a day and $68 bucks total.

Well if i were at your place i will try to find nearby locksmith and ask him to do that task. As they can do it with perfection.

knotwindy

Since 25 Sep 2011
598 Posts

Addicted

PostThu May 17, 18 7:40 am     Reply with quote

7 year old post?

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostThu May 17, 18 8:37 am     Reply with quote

knotwindy wrote:
7 year old post?

Yeah, I think we're about to see some forum spam from Mr. Cooper. Rolling Eyes

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostThu May 17, 18 9:58 am     Reply with quote

Forrest used to kite!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eu2pBpQolKE

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1470 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostThu May 17, 18 10:33 am     Reply with quote

Kite Forrest Kite!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: