Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

A Prince among Men

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1251 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostFri Oct 09, 20 10:01 am    A Prince among Men Reply with quote

Yesterday I got to the ES after work to hear folks say it's great but dropping. A guy I know had already come in and changed and was helping launch and land when he offered to pump my (ratty old) kite so I get suited up and on the water faster. Seriously? I come back and my kite's flat and he comes walking back saying, "Your kite has a leak, so here's mine" - then proceeds to pump it up for me! Who does that??

Richard Hallman, that's who. Thank you Richard! He's so much more than just a legendary photographer... Cool

(Yeah, I know your 10m had me way OP so I only went out and back after all your packing and unpacking, but I then had a GREAT session on my old 8m - good karma back atcha buddy... had a beer for ya but you were gone).

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostFri Oct 09, 20 10:30 am     Reply with quote

Thumb's Up

Sella

Since 21 Apr 2007
1794 Posts
Doin' The Dalles
FLY'IN HIGH PIE GUY

PostFri Oct 09, 20 11:26 am     Reply with quote

10/8 was really good. Clean clean wind up top and the beach vibe was booming at the right frequency for sure.

Mid-week scores bring out the heavy user crowd that just want you to get out and enjoy so kite swaps are frequent....like a no man left behind mentality. :lol Hallman has always been cool like that.

2020, a challenging season for sure but when it did finally open up the social connection within the entire wind community and appreciation for our time on the water was the calm in the eye of the storm I have been very thankful for.

shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1251 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostFri Oct 09, 20 4:47 pm     Reply with quote

Richard I'd gladly meet you at Brian's and buy rounds... sigh, miss those days.

Sella - yes, so much stoke at sunset! Unusual wind and water setup but what a sweet day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: