Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Safety Hazard FYI at Lyle - Possible SAK Good Deed Oppy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
McLovin

Since 11 Sep 2017
278 Posts
Corbett
Obsessed

PostThu Aug 15, 19 10:05 pm    Safety Hazard FYI at Lyle - Possible SAK Good Deed Oppy Reply with quote

PSA - In addition to being closed - for anyone who is legally accessing the Lyle sandbar by boat etc. Thumb's Up

DANGEROUS pilings (aka sharp big ass log head pointing straight up) saw at least 2 today about 2/3 across from WA side and maybe 100 yards and 200 yards west of the tip of the sandbar. These killers were underwater every other wave and just noticeable if you look close, luckily I saw them before they caused me pain & suffering or worse... They are just at the zone between the flats and the swell.

.02 Idea - seems like we should at least mark them with some milk jugs if not real buoys if they can't be dislodged and floated safely downstream. I'm happy to donate to the good people at SAK and their trusty RED BOAT if they choose to take on this Public Service Oppy for the good of anyone in the area. I'm sure others would donate too - can't cost that much for a couple nice orange buoys for safety sake.

Hope this helps SAVE a day if not a life -

PS - this is my new answer to the why do you still wear a helmut?

Mc

esommer

Since 17 Aug 2016
64 Posts
PDX

CGKA Member

PostSat Aug 17, 19 7:30 pm    Appreciate the heads up Reply with quote

Thanks!

Raj

Since 13 Oct 2009
113 Posts

Stoked

PostSun Aug 18, 19 11:28 am    That explains new dents Reply with quote

Saw that one 2/3 out near swell...sketchy that it’s just a couple inches exposed when in the trough.

I must have nicked a different one somewhere else near there or further w/nw. Had a loose fin and significant scratch/dent at end of the day.

I’d donate.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: