Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Hood River Event Site Requests ( not official)
Page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
coupdevill

Since 09 Mar 2016
260 Posts
Hood River, OR
Obsessed

PostThu Jul 19, 18 6:22 pm    Hood River Event Site Requests ( not official) Reply with quote

1-pets must be on a leash
2-pets cannot be left unattended i.e. tied up to a tree
3-your car/sprinter/janky trailer/1960s RV must fit the parking space
4-trash, pack it in-pack it out.
5-keep pets and gear off picnic tables (people often eat at picnic tables)
6-port property is a no smoke/vape zone
7-there should be a pet pee/poop zone (saw a very runny grumpy unloaded right in
the middle of kites yesterday)
8-if towing a trailer park your car+trailer in the long designated spots

I’m not posting this for a long winded discussion, only to start a list of helpful tips/advice for the Port and or users, remember we are using this property at the leisure of the port.

Why don't you post some Q&D thoughts.

Peace out!

coup

Last edited by coupdevill on Sat Jul 21, 18 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total

wannabekiter

Since 14 May 2015
269 Posts
Hood river
Obsessed

PostThu Jul 19, 18 8:18 pm    Rules Reply with quote

You forgot 6. Tourists off the water by 5 pm.
Last edited by wannabekiter on Thu Jul 19, 18 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

user124

Since 02 Aug 2012
390 Posts
Portland
Obsessed

PostThu Jul 19, 18 8:19 pm     Reply with quote

I agree but

Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn

Trent

Since 10 May 2012
76 Posts
Hood River

PostThu Jul 19, 18 8:50 pm     Reply with quote

or.....you could just chill out and enjoy yourself. You've got it made, man....you kiteboard all the time and live in an awesome place.......that's enough, man. Chill.

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostFri Jul 20, 18 4:31 am     Reply with quote

These world problems only occur for about 45 days and then the touristas leave, it returns to local, polite, and who gives a shit.... correct?

Jonpnw

Since 22 Jul 2010
1322 Posts
Pacific Northwest
XTreme Poster

PostFri Jul 20, 18 6:05 am    Word Reply with quote

Leash em

FullSizeRender.jpg 

Join the Columbia Gorge Water Sports Association. http://gorgewindsurfing.org/

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1470 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostFri Jul 20, 18 8:18 am     Reply with quote

I've been thinking about taking dog bones down to the ES.
There's one little dog that's been left alone while the owner is out kiting and likes to bark.
Little guy deserves a bone.

No such thing as a bad dog - only bad dog owners.

pollywog

Since 07 Aug 2009
289 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Jul 20, 18 8:42 am     Reply with quote

Leash the dogs! I can never figure out why some think they’re so damn special that rules just don’t apply.

SalmonSlayer

Since 27 Nov 2005
648 Posts

Addicted

CGKA Member

PostFri Jul 20, 18 10:02 am     Reply with quote

Trent wrote:
or.....you could just chill out and enjoy yourself. You've got it made, man....you kiteboard all the time and live in an awesome place.......that's enough, man. Chill.

Is having the desire for people to practice common courtesy and being able to chill, mutually exclusive?

skideeppow

Since 26 Aug 2011
518 Posts

Addicted

PostFri Jul 20, 18 10:58 am     Reply with quote

Dumb Question, I bring my two dogs down there between 830-10am. There is no one there. I toss the ball in the water but these guys are off leash.

Are you saying they should still be on leash with no one around? Or only during the day when there is activity going on at the ES?

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostFri Jul 20, 18 11:31 am     Reply with quote

skideeppow wrote:
Dumb Question, I bring my two dogs down there between 830-10am. There is no one there. I toss the ball in the water but these guys are off leash.

Are you saying they should still be on leash with no one around? Or only during the day when there is activity going on at the ES?

We'll give you a pass for that as long as you use up those dog poop bags in every pair of jeans you own.... cleaning up the annoying Canadian Geese poop! Ruined my pristine beautiful Cloud Smile

user124

Since 02 Aug 2012
390 Posts
Portland
Obsessed

PostFri Jul 20, 18 11:49 am     Reply with quote

skideeppow wrote:

Quote:
Leash the dogs! I can never figure out why some think they’re so damn special that rules just don’t apply.

Seems pretty clear to me

I guess we all break the rules sometimes though. I've been known to drive over the speed limit on an empty road.

But isn't there some other place you could play with your dogs off leash besides the Event Site where there is such a history of conflict with badly behaved dog owners?

I guess another way if putting it is that I might speed on an empty highway, but I still try not to speed in school zones even if I don't see kids around.

skideeppow

Since 26 Aug 2011
518 Posts

Addicted

PostFri Jul 20, 18 1:33 pm     Reply with quote

wylieflyote wrote:
skideeppow wrote:

We'll give you a pass for that as long as you use up those dog poop bags in every pair of jeans you own.... cleaning up the annoying Canadian Geese poop! Ruined my pristine beautiful Cloud Smile

Yes i have tons of poo bags all over my house, clothes and car.

skideeppow

Since 26 Aug 2011
518 Posts

Addicted

PostFri Jul 20, 18 7:21 pm     Reply with quote

user124 wrote:
skideeppow wrote:

Quote:

Seems pretty clear to me

I guess we all break the rules sometimes though. I've been known to drive over the speed limit on an empty road.

But isn't there some other place you could play with your dogs off leash besides the Event Site where there is such a history of conflict with badly behaved dog owners?

I guess another way if putting it is that I might speed on an empty highway, but I still try not to speed in school zones even if I don't see kids around.

There were two parks that are closed now for who knows what reason. One is by the elementary school in the heights. They are building something there. And the other one is by 10th and eugene. And when i am at the event site, there is no one there kiting.

pollywog

Since 07 Aug 2009
289 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Jul 20, 18 7:42 pm     Reply with quote

Breaking the rules when no one is around is still breaking the rules.

Ask a police officer if speeding when he/she isn’t there is still illegal. It is.

The point is rules are in place to protect all. We’ll often do not agree but that doesn’t negate them. Break them, and if you get caught, deal with the consequences.

It would be better for all if we played by the rules. If you don’t like the rules, work to change them. Don’t be that A-hole that everyone who sees you and follows the rules says you are...

coupdevill

Since 09 Mar 2016
260 Posts
Hood River, OR
Obsessed

PostSat Jul 21, 18 8:09 am     Reply with quote

skideeppow wrote:

As a dog owner, I know this is always iffy at best depending on the situation, but I would suspect the Port/City have a leash law.

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostSat Jul 21, 18 10:29 am     Reply with quote

coupdevill wrote:
skideeppow wrote:

As a dog owner, I know this is always iffy at best depending on the situation, but I would suspect the Port/City have a leash law.

Claro! As does Portland, Seattle, Tacoma, etc etc etc every town and city in the world. Likewise jaywalking, 55mph, laws and a surfeit of other laws we rarely follow. It's a common sense respect for others that should rule the day. I personally enjoy a shared moment with a stranger tossing a stick in a deserted E Site. Leash at the ready in case objections are raised.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: