Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Outfound Series June 9-11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
hilton

Since 15 Aug 2008
787 Posts

Opinionated

PostFri Jun 02, 17 8:24 pm    Outfound Series June 9-11 Reply with quote

If I'm reading this right, it will be $80 to get into the Event Site next weekend and you can't launch a kite off the grass since they will have safari tents in the launching and landing zones?

http://www.outfoundseries.com/

"For kitesurfers and windsurfers, please launch your kites on the sandbar and launching directly from The Event Site is prohibited."

realharry

Since 03 Nov 2008
31 Posts
Oregon

PostWed Jun 07, 17 7:23 am     Reply with quote

I'm trying to figure out what the outfound series is about. I've read the wesite but for the life of me can't seem to figure out what the difference is from any other day at the event site? Not sure what the fee is for? People in vans gather together to chit chat and have some fun? I see that every day down there. Courses on slacklining..really? Slip and slides too? I mean sounds like fun and all but not sure about paying for something we do every other day for free.
My pro kite career hasn't really panned out yet so I've been looking into the #vanlife phenomenon and think it's possible to make a moderate living posting cool content etc. while driving around looking for wind so this event caught my eye.
What's really happening at this event and is anyone going? Is it worth it? Question Cool

moondog

Since 15 Aug 2007
697 Posts
white salmon
Addicted

CGKA Member

PostWed Jun 07, 17 7:38 am     Reply with quote

It is all explained in the link above.

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1470 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostWed Jun 07, 17 7:39 am     Reply with quote

There's 2 types of people in the world.
People who do shit and people who talk about doing shit.
Oh wait - I'm posting on a forum talking about shit - crap!

realharry

Since 03 Nov 2008
31 Posts
Oregon

PostWed Jun 07, 17 8:02 am     Reply with quote

Thanks moondog for pointing out the website although I already read it. Nice site but still don't understand how this is different than any other day at the beach.
Other than someone has organized activities, it appears to be the same thing that's there everyday, other than the slip and slide.
I was hoping for classes on how to profit off of #vanlife, repairing your van, changing tires and oil, getting unstuck, how to drive economically and of course how to convince a hot girl to travel in my van with me. These classes would be helpful to me.
Anyway it'll be fun to watch and I'll probably do that from the other side of the fence. Shocked

TravisBickleRex

Since 30 Jun 2005
313 Posts

Taxi Driver

PostWed Jun 07, 17 9:08 am    Outfounded Reply with quote

El Duce from The Mentors is rumored to be making a back from the dead appearance at Outfound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV6ydcWeM9k

sleestack

Since 07 Dec 2006
181 Posts
Land of the Lost
Stoked

PostWed Jun 07, 17 10:02 am    Re: Outfounded Reply with quote

Boys and Girls, the Port just found someone to out pay the usually waterfront and sandbar users--get used to it; this kind of stuff will happen more. It is the Port's right as they own it.

I just can't wait to see the Extreme and super intense Slip-and-Slide pros out there.

Any World Record times probably won't count as they most likely will be wind aided.

When are the slip-and-slide double luge finals being held?

SlipANDslidedoubleluge.jpg 

sleestack

Since 07 Dec 2006
181 Posts
Land of the Lost
Stoked

PostWed Jun 07, 17 10:58 am    Re: Outfounded Reply with quote

[quote="TravisBickleRex"]El Duce from The Mentors is rumored to be making a [i]back from the dead [/i]appearance at Outfound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV6ydcWeM9k[/quote]

Got to view this link. . .TBR is back.

hilton

Since 15 Aug 2008
787 Posts

Opinionated

PostWed Jun 07, 17 6:12 pm     Reply with quote

It looks like they dropped the price of the 1-day pass to $50 now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: